Unknown Facts About Books REVEALED!
Have you ever one consider books boring? Consider no more! Today we have a bunch of crazy, unknown facts for you about......you guessed it..... books! From the strange, to the bizarre, to the completely incomprehensible. We have it all in store for you. Let's kick off our list of facts:
1) How much do you think the most expensive book in the world costs? The answer is roughly $151,946,000. Perhaps, for this kind of money you would expect a chunky state-of-the-art encyclopaedia. However, the length of this book comes in at just 13 pages!
2) How difficult do you think it is to sell a book and make a living from it? We'll give you the statistics and you can work out what you think for yourself. Out of the books that sell at least one copy in the US, only 2% go on to sell more than 5,000 copies!
3) Who came up with the term 'book'? Well, the first instance ever recorded of someone using the term 'book' was actually in a book itself. The book was written by Sir Alfred The Great.
4) Do you really love the smell of new books? Perhaps you have a case of bibliosmia. Bibliosmia is the term given to the enjoyment of smelling books. There is a new hobby for you!
5) One author, Stephen King, was mistaken for a vandal. Was he spray painting? No. He made an unexpected visit to an Australian book store. He was suspected when he started signing copies of books.
6) The longest sentence ever written in a book was an amazing 823 words long.
7) On average, the country with the most amount of books read each year per person is Iceland.
8) The widely know book '50 Shades Of Grey' was not originally published in book form. It was published on a fan website.
9) Our world is constantly developing, and it's people are consequently always learning and developing. However, one fifth of adults around the world can not read or write.
10) Not so lovable Harry Potter villein Voldemort, has so widely been known as 'one who must not be named'. However, this could be because J. K Rowling was so tired of us all pronouncing his name wrong. She has reviled that since our first introduction in 1997 we have all be mispronouncing his name. The 't' at the end of Voldemort is apparently silent.
I hope you learnt some things from this article. Stay tuned, there is more mind boggling and interesting content coming your way.
For Everyone who is celebrating a birthday this month of
Enjoy this awesome page and the whole website. Leave your comments and thoughts and so on.